Drivers of electric vehicles need a place to charge, whether at home, at work, or on the go. The successful candidate will identify, contract and manage construction of DC fast charging stations at retail centers and commercial parking facilities. The site developer will work with owners and operators of the property, design and construction firms and permitting entities. Candidates for this position must be excellent communicators and able to design custom solutions involving electrical infrastructure. The successful candidate will be goal-motivated, adaptable in a start-up environment, a strategic thinker and a self-starter.
eVgo will make driving electric vehicles convenient and affordable for Americans. NRG EV Services, LLC (aka “eVgo”), a wholly-owned subsidiary of NRG Energy, Inc., is the nation’s first privately funded, comprehensive electric vehicle ecosystem. The eVgo network gives EV owners new freedom and range confidence via home charging and fast-charging stations conveniently located at major retailers, employers and along highways across eVgo cities. eVgo offers access to these facilities and services to EV drivers for an affordable flat monthly fee. The company has established a successful pilot in Houston, TX and has launched new markets Dallas/Fort Worth and Washington-Baltimore. The Company is now preparing to launch the largest known privately-funded EV charging infrastructure in California.
eVgo’s offerings allow EV owners to drive with range and cost certainty, immune to spikes in the price of gasoline or other limitations of conventional car ownership. With eVgo, EV drivers will know that they are making a difference in terms our national energy security and the health of our environment without compromise.
Check out the links below to see eVgo’s vision of the future:
NRG Energy, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 Index company owns and operates one of the country's largest and most diverse power generation portfolios. Headquartered in Princeton, NJ, the Company's power plants provide nearly 25,000 megawatts of generation capacity-enough to supply nearly 20 million homes. NRG's retail businesses, Reliant Energy and Green Mountain Energy Company, combined serve more than 1.8 million residential, business, commercial and industrial customers. With investments in solar, wind and nuclear power, as well as EV infrastructure, NRG is working to help America's transition to a clean energy economy. NRG Energy is a founding member of the Electrification Coalition, a nonpartisan, not-for-profit group of business leaders committed to promoting policies and actions that facilitate the deployment of electric vehicles on a mass scale. More information is available at www.nrgenergy.com.
- Identify, contract and manage construction of DC fast charging stations at retail centers and commercial parking facilities
- Assess wide range of properties for EV infrastructure feasibility and design cost-effective, driver-oriented infrastructure with input from the property manager
- Coordinate with construction and building management during installation of EV infrastructure at multiple sites
- Work as a team to develop and optimize continuous improvement of sales process
- Manage follow-up processes from site assessment to installation including input of data into sales tracking system
- Interact with and understand the key business relationships at eVgo including the local utility, electrical contractor, and auto dealer.
- Assist in other marketing activities as required from staging events to managing commercial client relations
- Adapt to a changing business model and learn to contribute across the organization