Preferably located at the Indianapolis or Shelbyville locations.
Responsible for providing technical and training assistance at the Regional and District level in the implementation of O’Neal’s Lean Manufacturing System (OLMS). Develop and maintain a professional working relationship with Regional and District management as well as supervisors and hourly personnel in the O’Neal Districts. Sell and promote Lean Manufacturing as a means to improve our product quality, reduce errors, increase our market share, increase our profits and decrease our cost of operation.
· Must be willing to perform moderate to heavy travel to other OMS sites.
· This position will be heavily focused on the new Shoplogix system within OMS. The Specialists will be part of the “core team” that helps OMS achieve all objectives for this system including training, maintaining, updating, and data analysis as well as recognizing and leading continuous improvement activities.
· Candidates should possess an extensive knowledge of the various processes utilized throughout OMS including but not limited to Oxy-Fuel Burning, Plasma, Laser, Forming, Sawing, Machining and Welding. Working knowledge and understanding of our current E1 systems as well as other computer / software related items are also desired.
· Candidates must either possess or be willing to obtain Lean Certification, either internally through our certification process that is under development, or externally.
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
· Train employees in the classroom and on the job in all Lean manufacturing concepts. This includes continuous improvement, Kaizen, 5S, TPM, set-up reduction, standard work methods, mistake proofing, process certification, kanban and cellular manufacturing.
· Lead employee teams in Kaizen events during OLMS implementation.
· Extensive travel to O’Neal districts in the respective region is required.
· Conduct economic feasibility studies as required
· Analyze space requirements and prepare workspace layouts for warehouse equipment to improve operating efficiency.
· Survey suppliers and users and make recommendations regarding equipment specifications and selection.
· Prepare cost estimates and capital expenditure justification.
· Conduct time studies and work sampling to provide costing information and tools for improving production efficiencies.
· Quality Responsibility: Responsible for providing error-free work to all internal and external customers as related to the output of the position.