To set up over arms and inspect material for defects and to assist in the packaging of the material. Based on the direction of the Operations Manager, the Machine Helper may:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Reviews job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements
• Sets over arms to the specifications on the work order.
• Observes material for any quality issues.
• Assist in packaging of material.
• Stack and pile materials
• Bundle and band material
• Perform minor machine maintenance as necessary
• Observe all company safety rules
• Less than 1/3 of time sitting working on computer using keyboard, talking on telephone
• Over 2/3 of time walking, moving at a quick pace
• Over 2/3 of time assisting with machines, lifting up to 50 lbs unassisted, climbing steps, stretch, twist and reach
• Some exposure to loud continuous noises
• Quick reaction time to machine signals
• Manual dexterity to quickly mover hand, arm, grasp, manipulate or assemble