General Position Summary
The Registered Nurse is responsible for ensuring the well-being of patients and for providing a positive, supportive environment for patients and other staff while working in conjunction with physicians, mid-level practitioners, office and clinical staff.
MedExpress Core Responsibilities
- Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring, Friendly.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs.
- Through genuine and positive communication, makes each customer feel informed, understood, and special.
- An effective team player who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
- Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion.
- Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals.
- Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance.
1. Responsible For Assessing, Screening , Triaging And Carrying Out Prescribed Treatment Of Patients, With Clear And Concise Documentation.
2. Responsible For Administration Of Medical Treatment As Prescribed By Medexpress Standing Orders And As Prescribed By The Practitioner, Ensuring The Well-Being Of Patient
3. Responsible For Assisting With The Administration And Dispensing Of Prescribed Medication and IV insertion.
4. Assists The Practitioner With Examinations, Procedures And Other Duties, As Deemed Necessary.
5. Oversees And Coordinates The Daily Patient Care Flow, Assisting And Participating In All Aspects Of Patient Care And Patient Room Preparation, Stocking And Decontamination.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Qualifications
1. Knowledge Of Federal, State And Local Laws And Regulations Including The Requirements Of The HIPAA And OSHA And Applicable State Rules And Regulations Pertinent To Medical.
2. Knowledge of computerized information systems used in clinical management systems (EMR)
3. Able To Collect And Prepare Laboratory Specimens For Analysis. Monitors The test Results Of All Specimens And The Reporting Of The Results To The Patient By The Provider.
4. Able To Obtain And Maintain Patient Intravenous Access.
5. Able To Meet The Needs Of The Patient By Processing Requests And Referrals, Providing Efficient Follow Up With The Patient, Pharmacy, Or Other Entity, As Needed.
6. CPR Certification required.
Center-Based. Requires working in a clinical setting. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens. Also requires: travel to other Centers, the ability to stand and sit for hours at a time, (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements, and ability to lift 50 lbs.