PURPOSE: To greet patients, activate patient files, and provide office support to medical and office personnel at the MedExpress clinic.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Reports directly to the Center Manager; works in conjunction with physicians, mid-level practitioners, office and clinical staff.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following
Welcomes MedExpress patients and visitors by greeting them in person, answers inquiries and directs them through registration process.
Always positively affects the patients and visitors perception of the visit experience.
Assists patients with insurance documentation and billing questions. Guides patients in providing required information and completing paperwork.
Professionally obtains patient information necessary for processing medical charges, including a copy of an insurance card, a copy of a driver license or other form of photo identification, and other information related to each patient situation.
Collects and processes patient payments.
Responsible for handling confidential records. Verifies information for correctness, places paperwork in proper sequence for physician examination or treatment, and files or distributes data in appropriate place.
Completes callbacks, including patient messages and pharmacy call-ins.
Maintains reception area in a neat and orderly condition at all times. Closes office and activates security system at the end of the day.
Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and other company personnel. May assist other staff members with their duties as workload dictates.
Maintains regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures.
Requires working in a clinical setting. Position is primarily office based but maintained at the clinic level. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood borne pathogens.
Full-Time - Works three 12-hour shifts per week.
Part-Time - Works a minimum of one 12-hour shift per week and could work two depending on scheduling.
Casual - Guaranteed one 12-hour shift per month. Could work more covering call-offs, vacations ect.
No phone calls. Please apply online.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate or equivalent. College degree is preferred.
- Clerical experience in a medical office preferred.
- Personal computer and word processor skills. Experience with modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment.
- The principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations including the requirements of the HIPAA and OSHA and applicable state rules and regulations pertinent to medical practices.
- Respond to requests and inquiries from the general public in person and over the telephone.
- Exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive, complex and confidential patient issues and situations.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Learn computer software programs; enter and maintain accurate data.
- Requires the ability to stand and sit for hours at a time. Some bending and stooping is required.
- Must be able to use manual dexterity in relation to typing.
- Must be able to lift 25lbs.