To facilitate superior on-boarding, training, and development of MedExpress Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants who will then be able to deliver the highest quality urgent care services available.
Provider Training Specialists are responsible for the initial on-boarding and training of newly hired providers. They will also be involved in ongoing provider development and evaluation programs. The job responsibilities will include both training and clinical shifts. Utilizing the MedExpress Training and Development Program, Training Specialists will be required to train new providers on MedExpress policies and procedures, DocuTAP, Whentowork, the Employee Portal, and company email system so as to facilitate a fully functioning MedExpress medical provider who excels in the urgent care setting.
- Current and active certified health care professional (PA-C, NP).
- Working knowledge of HIPPA, OSHA, and State and Federal Law governing medical Services.
- Be eligible for licensure in state(s) he/she will be training providers.
- Has or is eligible for a DEA license.
- Must possess and demonstrate expert knowledge in MedExpress policies, procedures, and culture.
- Strong commitment to customer service and excellence in healthcare.
- Exceptional leadership, mediation abilities, and multi-tasking skills required.
- Detail oriented and able to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to travel to meet requirements of training shifts.
- Adequate vision, speech, hearing, and overall physical condition to meet core duties of the position.
Reports directly to the Director of Provider Affairs. Works in conjunction with the Area Medical Director and with the assistance of the Director of Training and Provider Liaisons.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mastery of MedExpress Training and Development Program core content.
- Train/Orient MedExpress providers on policies, procedures, and culture.
- Train/Orient MedExpress providers on the proper usage of the DocuTAP EMR system.
- Assist in development, implementation, and maintenance of MedExpress policies and procedures as they pertain to EMR usage.
- Work closely with Director of Provider Affairs, Director of Training, and Area Medical Directors to update the MedExpress Training and Development Program including the Provider On- Boarding Manual, Provider DocuTAP training modules, Provider Crash Course content, and any additional curriculum and/or materials.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of other current or future training and development initiatives.
- Assist in the development and implementation of staff education programs that involves on-boarding and DocuTAP.
- Responsible for providing exceptional treatment and communication of care options to every MedExpress patient.
- Demonstrate mastery of all MedExpress medical policies, procedures, and treatment guidelines.
Establish a good working relationship with new providers.