Handles prospective and current client and employee scheduling issues and emergencies which occur outside of normal office hours. Hours are Friday 4:30 p.m. through Monday 8:00 a.m., some holidays, and fill in as in-office coordinator in emergency situations.
1. Receives after hours telephone calls taking inquiries and requests for staff from client facilities or messages using good telephone technique.
2. Takes initial homecare information per company policy securing all needed information.
3. Under the direction of the Staffing Coordinator, schedules after hours open shifts with appropriate caregivers, making all follow through call necessary to produce and effective, smooth flowing schedule.
4. Forwards after hours calls of a clinical or emergent nature to appropriate person.
5. Maintains a written or electronic log of all telephone communications.
6. Gives verbal report to office by at least 8:30 a m. the next business day regarding on-call activities.
7. Maintains on-call availability and contact with the answering service.
8. Attends appropriate office meetings.
9. Performs other duties assigned by the Staffing Coordinator.
Will work out of own home when on-call. Occasional office work. Must be available by phone or text (with access to phone) during all on-call hours.
Must consult with Staffing Coordinator to assure that appropriately trained employees are assigned to individual clients for homecare, personal care and staffing.