Ideal candidates will be caring, compassionate, patient, and flexible with great communication skills and have CPR and First Aid certifications. Ability to think critically, execute directions effectively, coordinate and multi-task efficiently and possess a positive attitude as well as the ability to deal with complex and fluid situations. Must be able to provide the following services to our clients: Caring and empathetic companionship, personal care, housekeeping and other home health care activities including but not limited to (running errands, meal preparation, medication reminders, safety monitoring, bathing, transportation, light housekeeping, and other services that improve the safety, security and quality of life of the seniors we serve) under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN) or Operations Manager.
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• Must be able to function independently and/or in conjunction with the interdisciplinary team.
• Must be able to communicate with Operations Manager or Registered Nurse (RN) in a collaborative effort to assure the highest level of care is provided to clients.
• Follow the prescribed home care provider process including being responsive to clients needs, building a strong relationship with the client, updating the care profile each visit, entering and exiting time via telephony system and following up with staffing coordinator or operations manager regarding any client issues.
• Willing to perform on-call or emergency caregiver duties as needed.
Necessary Core Competencies
• Professional Demeanor-Creates favorable first and lasting impressions in person or on the phone.
• Integrity-Remains consistent with â€œsays versus doesâ€¯. Maintains confidences. Puts company interests above self. Does the right thing even when no one is looking.
• Resourcefulness-Goes beyond â€œcall of dutyâ€¯. Finds ways to overcome obstacles.
• Excellence-Sets high performance standards for self and others. Exhibits sense of responsibility for achieving above average results.
• Customer Focus-Regularly monitors client satisfaction. Establishes strong relationships. Visible and accessible to clients at all times.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Availability
• High School graduate or equivalent with three to six months commensurate experience, HHA, CNA preferred.
• Basic caregiving skills including CPR, First Aid, TB test and excellent interpersonal abilities.
• Knowledge of common medical terminology.
• Able to work independently, demonstrating sound judgment.
• Must be eligible to work in Michigan/USA as well as read, write, speak, and understand English as needed for the job.
• Must have reliable transportation including vaild drivers license and insurance
Caregiver, Senior care, Seniorcare Homecare, Home care, Certified Nurse Assistant, Home Health Aid