Exciting opportunity to grow with a company that is passionate about providing in-home care to improve the quality of life for seniors and the disabled. This is a fulltime, salaried position. Qualified persons will have excellent customer service skills, a passion for people, and the ability to work independently. Must be well organized, detail oriented and have good hands-on computer experience. Prior scheduling experience helpful.
The Care Coordinator will be responsible for the fulfillment of client satisfaction by coordinating client schedules with appropriate caregiver assignments and managing the quality of the caregiver staff. This person will also assist with client inquiries, timesheets, payroll, billing, and general office and clerical functions.
· Oversees client schedules and coordinates day to day activities of caregivers.
· Assists with recruiting, hiring care givers, orientations, in-services, disciplinary actions, etc.
· Maintains documentation of care givers’ work records in HomeTrak scheduling software and ensures current and complete personnel records for all homecare associates.
· Communicates continually with care givers and clients to evaluate service.
· Performs on-call coordinator dutie
Assists with inside sales, handling new inquiry calls and follow-up.
· Performs payroll duties including verifying time sheets, and computer input of time sheet changes for payroll processing.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Availability
4 year degree or at least two years of business experience, preferably in scheduling.
Good logic and computer skills
Strong organizational abilities.
Strong people skills
Excellent verbal communication skills
Knowledge of common health care terminology.
Able to work independently, demonstrating sound judgment.
Read, write, speak, and understand English as needed for the job.
Works primarily out of the local office in Hicksville, NY
Will visit client and potential client homes as needed
Preferred work hours are 8:00-4:00, Tuesday-Saturday
Works under supervision of, and takes direction from, Care Manager and Nursing Supervisor to comply with Department of Health and Right at Home requirements.