PenBay Solutions is a GIS software products company using a combination of technology and business intelligence to deliver our clients viable solutions to their toughest facility challenges. As a world leader in bringing GIS inside the building, we help our customers make better informed decisions about their facility operations, maintenance, security and investments.
We are looking for a creative Software Engineer to join our team designing, developing, and supporting rich internet and mobile applications built on ESRI technologies. The position will involve significant interaction within a geographically distributed team with varying levels of direction, so strong oral and written communication skills are a must.
- Python/ArcPy for geoprocessing on the desktop and the server
- RIA development with Flex
- .NET or Java web application and/or services development
- Eclipse/Flash Builder and Visual Studio 2010 (or newer)
- REST web services and commonly-used debugging tools
- Version control systems (Mercurial, Git, or Subversion)
- Agile methodologies
You’ll get bonus points for experience with the following:
- CS or similar IT degree
- A demonstrated habit of learning new technology and applying it to existing problems
- Experience designing web applications and creating written specifications
- iOS and/or Android mobile development
- ESRI APIs and technologies: ESRI REST API, , Flex API, ArcGIS Runtime for iOS or Android, SQL Server or Oracle database design and development
In-office commitment preferred. Some telecommuting possible for the right candidate.
Some limited travel may be required for installing and troubleshooting applications at client sites and all successful candidates must be willing to undergo and pass a government security clearance background check.