JOB TITLE: Shipping & Receiving
SUPERVISOR: Supervisor – Materials Management
This person is primarily responsible for the verification and record keeping of incoming and outgoing shipments and preparing items for shipment. Works closely with Support Line, Big System, Customer Service and other Shipping Department associates to ensure on-time shipment of finished products.
- Compare identifying information and counts, weights and/or measures of items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, purchase orders or other records.
- Picks parts off of shelf or finds them in the warehouse correctly, quickly and accurately.
- Band pallets in readiness for shipment using correct pallet size and the correct amount of bands per pallet.
- Affix shipping labels on packed cartons, stamp, stencil or glue identifying information and shipping instructions onto crates or containers as required.
- Place items into appropriate containers and use appropriate methods to seal them for shipment.
- Post weights and shipping charges and affix postage.
- Unpack and examine incoming shipments, reject damaged items, record shortages, and communicate with shipper, customer service or supervisor to resolve damages and shortages.
- Maintain inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Use hand truck to move, convey or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage areas, work areas and carrier vans.
- Participate as a member of the Natural Work Team.
- Follow all safety rules, policies and practices.
- Maintain warehouse areas in a neat and orderly fashion by following 5S procedures.
- Take a proactive stance in MAR reduction (shipping errors).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The duties of this job are regularly performed indoors, with occasional work done out of doors. The associate is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, sit, walk, reach and pull with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is occasionally exposed to dust, fumes, or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud; safety glasses and steel-toed boots are required at all times in shipping areas.