|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
CORE is seeking an experienced Procurement Officer to join the Global Procurement and Logistics Department. This position is to prepare, review, and source solicitations, negotiate contracts and manage the procurement process for a wide variety of products and services. This employee ensures all procurement transactions meet ethical standards and comply with applicable laws and regulations. These responsibilities require an attention to detail, excellent writing skills and close coordination with other professional and technical staff as well as CORE's international Offices, Leadership and staff, bidders, and vendors.
We require all employees to comply with our Mandatory Vaccination Policy. As a condition of employment individuals will be asked to provide proof of compliance to this policy
Starting salary : $65,000/yr
- Review procurement requests
- Source needed goods and services
- Develop, maintain, and evaluate supplier/vendor performance
- Maintain adequate procurement records and supporting documentation such as items or services purchased, cost, delivery, product quality, performance, and inventories
- Issue purchase orders, contracts and purchase items at best possible cost, quality, and value.
- Negotiate contracts including pricing, terms, and conditions as well as volume agreements with suppliers. cost, delivery, product quality, performance, and inventories.
- Resolve supplier accounting problems, reconcile returns, and expedite shipping and delivery issues (including import/export)
- Run shortage report and analyze immediate needs for materials and/or components to maintain uninterrupted production flow
- Help manage inventory levels throughout all CORE-controlled warehouses.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Procurement, Supply Chain Management, or related discipline
- Desired: MBA
- A minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in national and international procurement, contract management, administration or related area is required
- At least three (3) years of direct firsthand work in procurement is required.
- Experience in acquisition of strategic, high value and complex scope of goods and services from worldwide sources and for diversified clients in multiple countries is required.
- Familiarity with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- Experience in supervising a procurement team that manages the acquisition of diversified categories of goods and services to support multiple clients is desirable.