Job Title: Rehearsal Coordinator (9 Month Contract)
Reports To: Company Manager
Classification: Full time, Seasonal (Sunday-Thursday work week), Non-Exempt
Contract Dates: August 23, 2021 - May 22, 2022
Prepared Date: March 2021
The Rehearsal Coordinator facilitates daily activities in the Company Office. Primary responsibilities include the creation and distribution of the daily rehearsal and performance schedule and administrative support for the Artistic and Music Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinates and issues the Monday-Friday daily schedules for all HGO productions, events, HGO Studio, and HGOco activities in association with requests from the Music Administrator, Assistant Directors, Stage Manager/ASMs, and HGO Studio staff. Attends the company's weekly scheduling meeting.
• Ensures timely delivery of the daily schedule to all company personnel and artists via email and ArtsVision; maintains and modifies the daily schedule as necessary, informing all parties of any changes.
• Maintains schedule distribution lists, adding and removing incoming or outgoing artists as needed.
• Assists in the contract administration and audition process for supernumeraries, child wranglers, light walkers, chorus, and dancers as directed by the Company Manager and Music Administrator.
• Working with the Associate Company Manager, coordinates and communicates with the Wortham Theater Staff regarding HGO's use of additional spaces within the Wortham Theater Center.
• Coordinates maintenance and engineering needs for rehearsal facilities and HGO office spaces with the Wortham Theater staff.
• Monitors use of rehearsal spaces, ensuring proper set-up for rehearsals, and reporting any issues with the condition or cleanliness of spaces.
• Serves as Liaison to Wortham Theater Staff for security door requests for guest artists.
• Maintains inventory in the 6th floor kitchen area to ensure that supplies are stocked and available to artists and staff.
• Collects and distributes production and artistic department mail.
• Provides administrative assistance to the Director of Artistic Operations, Company Manager, Associate Artistic Administrator, and Music Administrator, as needed.
Serves as a member of the artist services team, responding to all artist requests promptly and thoroughly to ensure their focus and concentration on the production.
One year of previous experience in a professional arts organization. Familiarity with opera preferred. A degree in a related field is a plus. PC proficient and Microsoft applications experience (Word, Excel, and Outlook) required. Experience with Tessitura and ArtsVision a plus.
SPECIAL JOB CHARACTERISTICS:
Candidates should possess a friendly personality, superior organizational and communication skills, a great attention for detail and the ability to respond diplomatically and creatively to a variety of requests from artists, volunteers, and staff. Knowledge of foreign languages is helpful, but not necessary. Must be comfortable collaborating with other staff in a team-oriented environment. Must be enthusiastic about taking personal initiative to reach out and help artists with a wide variety of scheduling and personal needs, and personally follow every task to completion. Must be available to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends. Reliable transportation required.
To apply for this position, please visit Houston Grand Opera's job board at https://www.houstongrandopera.org/employment-and-auditions/. RESUMES ACCEPTED UNTIL FILLED.
Houston Grand Opera is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.