Job Title: Artist Services Coordinator (9 Month Contract)
Reports To: Company Manager
Classification: Full time, Seasonal (Tuesday-Saturday work week), Non-Exempt
Contract Dates: August 30, 2021 - May 29, 2022
Prepared Date: March 2021
The Artist Services Coordinator facilitates daily activities in the Company Office. Primary responsibilities include fulfilling contractual housing and travel obligations to visiting artists, organizing welcome materials, coordinating ground transportation, administering contractual tickets, assisting with artist medical appointments as needed, and providing administrative support for the Artistic and Music Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assists in travel, housing, car rental, and other arrangements for visiting artists and Houston Grand Opera staff, as directed by the Company Manager. Creates artist itineraries and assembles packets to be given to artists upon arrival. Provides transportation for artists to events as needed.
• Maintains Artistic database information in ArtsVision.
• Arranges doctor appointments for guest artists, providing transportation to appointments as necessary.
• Creates the daily schedule for Saturdays and Sundays for all HGO productions, events, HGO Studio, and HGOco activities in collaboration with the Rehearsal Coordinator based on requests from the Music Administrator, Assistant Directors, Stage Manager/ASMs, and HGO Studio staff. Attends the company's weekly scheduling meeting.
• Assists Company Manager in preparation of visa applications for foreign artists.
• Assists the Guild Hospitality Committee with delivery of opening night gifts for principal artists.
• Arranges dress rehearsal tickets, including those given to supers and the HGO Guild Hospitality committee; arranges comp tickets to performances for mainstage artists.
• Prepares the backstage list for the final dress rehearsal and each performance.
• Maintains inventory in the 6th floor kitchen area to ensure that supplies are stocked and available to artists and staff.
• Collects and distributes production and artistic department mail.
• Assists in the preparation of chorus and dancer payrolls in collaboration with the Music Administrator.
• Provides administrative assistance to the Director of Artistic Operations, Company Manager, Associate Artistic Administrator, and Music Administrator, as needed.
One year of previous experience in a professional arts organization. Familiarity with opera preferred. A degree in a related field is a plus. PC proficient and Microsoft applications experience (Word, Excel, and Outlook) required. Experience with Tessitura and ArtsVision a plus.
SPECIAL JOB CHARACTERISTICS:
Candidates should possess a friendly personality, superior organizational and communication skills, a great attention for detail and the ability to respond diplomatically and creatively to a variety of requests from artists, volunteers, and staff. Knowledge of foreign languages is helpful, but not necessary. Must be comfortable collaborating with other staff in a team-oriented environment. Must be enthusiastic about taking personal initiative to reach out and help artists with a wide variety of scheduling and personal needs, and personally follow every task to completion. Must be available to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends. Reliable transportation required.
To apply for this position, please visit Houston Grand Opera's job board at https://www.houstongrandopera.org/employment-and-auditions/. RESUMES ACCEPTED UNTIL FILLED.
Houston Grand Opera is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.