Job Title: Marketing Coordinator
Department: Marketing and Communications
Reports To: Marketing Manager
Classification: Full-time, Non-exempt
Date: January 2021
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Marketing Coordinator will be vital in creating and implementing campaigns and developing tactics to improve sales and increase engagement efforts through single tickets, subscriptions, and group sales. They will support the single ticket and subscription sales campaigns efforts. In addition to taking ownership over several established portfolios including ONYP and group sales, this role will also develop new outreach opportunities to expand current audiences and grow new audience groups.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide support to the marketing department, including but not limited to:
• Create and manage campaigns to drive sales and engagement for subscription, single ticket, and group initiatives in order to achieve revenue goals.
• Manage and serve as the primary point person for group sales and audience-specific programs including ONYP and Overture.
• Responsible deploying all company emails including email design, list development, and coordinating with internal departments.
• Assist in proofing and editing of sales materials including emails, print ads, direct mail pieces, web pages, promotional codes, and the annual season brochure.
• With support from the Marketing Manager, lead event coordination for special marketing events, including but not limited to the Opening Night Intermission Mixers, Overture Receptions, Wortham Tree Lighting, Theatre District Open House, Sweets and Treats, and other subscriber retention events.
• Work closely with members of the department to conduct audience reaction videos and utilize content such as media reviews in marketing assets.
• Support the Marketing Manager with initiatives such as group sales, audience-specific programming, and partnerships.
• Assist the Marketing Manager with the proofing and routing process for marketing deliverables.
• Pull and organize sales-based reports on marketing campaigns including emails, direct mail, and promotional codes on a regular basis.
• Performance and marketing event support on both nights and weekends as needed.
Note: This job description represents the essential functions of the position but is not all inclusive. Additional duties reasonably related to the position may be assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, advertising or related field with 2-3 years of office administrative experience. Proven marketing campaign and/or event coordination experience a plus. Experience working in a CRM database system and performing arts is a plus. Must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, high energy and exceptionally strong interpersonal and communication skills are a must. An eye for detail and quality control is imperative, as well as being able to multi-task and prioritize effectively. A polished approach in presenting sales and campaign information, a proactive and collaborative professional manner required.
Please apply at https://www.houstongrandopera.org/employment-and-auditions/. RESUMES ACCEPTED UNTIL FILLED.
Houston Grand Opera is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates for employment are considered without regard to race, color, sex, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, non-job related disability, or marital status.