Job Title: Director of Finance
Department: Finance and Administration
Reports To: CFO
The Director of Finance oversees the accounting, tax and audit activities of the organization and subsidiaries, and is responsible for the maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, to enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and to ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. This position includes accountability for budgeting, modeling, and financial analysis. Oversight of the strategic use of Financial Edge, Tessitura and Endowment Solutions software also reside in the job scope of this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct HGO's accounting operations, ensuring the accuracy, effectiveness, and productivity of accounts payable, invoicing/billing/customer records, accounts receivable, payroll receivables/liabilities, inventory/fixed asset records, general ledger accounting and cost accounting.
- Develop HGO's budgets and quarterly forecasts for executive team review and approval; manage data within Financial Edge and develop reporting to disseminate information to management.
- Maintain and update chart of accounts, project codes, reports/VCOs
- Manage cash flow and lines of credit to minimize interest expense while staying current with payments to vendors.
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations, control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures (HGO Guild, HGO Endowment).
- Prepare/review investment entries and unitization reports for the HGO Endowment.
- Issue timely, complete and accurate quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, working with external auditors and assessing/implementing changes as necessary.
- Prepare and deliver appropriate reports to the Audit Committee as directed.
- Manage deferred compensation investment accounts and coordinate contractual distributions.
- Maintain compliance with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Prepare annual 990 tax returns and supporting schedules.
- Review/comply with all FASB and GAAP regulations, including appropriate recording of restricted funds/contributions.
- Establish and maintain a documented system of financial policies and procedures for the organization.
- Supervise Senior Accountant, assessing and developing their skill set.
- Work with other departments as necessary to facilitate a smooth and continuous flow of information.