Job Title: Network Administrator
Department: Finance and Administration
Reports To: Director of Information Technology
Classification: Part-Time, Non-Exempt (10:00 am – 2:00 pm M-F)
SUMMARY: The Network Administrator is responsible for installing and maintaining voice, data and technology infrastructure equipment, software and services. Coordinates local area computer network and telecommunications activities by performing the following duties individually or with other Information Services staff members
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Specifies, configures, installs and maintains local area network hardware, software such as personal computers, system software, software applications, printers, servers, routers, managed switches, firewall/security appliances, cabling and internet service providers.
- Responsible for the maintenance of telecommunications systems, including, but not limited to, phone system management, user setup and maintenance, general moves and changes and acting as liaison with telephone contractors and communications providers.
- Establishes and maintains network and telecommunications users, user environment, directories and security.
- Communicates to the users the standards for use, operation and security of the network, personal computers, data and telecommunications.
- Communicates with other departments to report and resolve software, hardware and operations problems.
- Installs and tests software upgrades.
- Analyzes network resource utilization.