Job Title: Art of Opera Camp Counselor (Contracted for June 15-26, 2020)
Reports To: HGOco Senior Education Manager
Classification: Seasonal Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Date: February 2020
Compensation: $320/wk (less applicable taxes) for Art of Opera camp. Parking or transportation is the responsibility of the individual as HGO does not compensate for parking.
SUMMARY: The Opera Camp Counselor is responsible for assisting the Art of Opera Camp Directors and HGO staff in creating a supportive, fun and student-centered learning environment for high school students in grades 9 through 12.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Help to organize and facilitate a variety of small and large group activities. Activities may include physical warmups, theater games, music and score preparations, etc.
- Identify and respond to camper behavior issues and assist in classroom management.
- Support stage management staff in rehearsal and performance space preparations.
- Ensure that the site is kept clean and organized.
- Communicate with participants about their experiences and report concerns to HGOco Education Manager.
- Assist with check in/out process of campers and record daily attendance.
- Supervise students during lunch and breaks throughout the day.
- Know, enforce, and follow all safety guidelines associated with the camp and all program areas. This includes but is not limited to being responsible for your campers' safety and their whereabouts at all times.