Job Title: Social Media Coordinator
Reports To: Associate Director of Communications
Classification: Full-time, Non-exempt Date: June 2019
SUMMARY: The Social Media Coordinator plays an instrumental role in strategizing, creating, executing, and maintaining up-to date messaging and external communication through the Houston Grand Opera social media channels and website. Working closely with the Content Manager and Digital Marketing Manager, this position is as the central source and voice of all social content with the goal of driving brand awareness and positive audience engagement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Strategize with the marketing and communications team to create social media campaigns and adhere to a regular publishing schedule across all social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter)
- Collect, edit and manage digital assets (content, images, video) from all departments of HGO for social media marketing purposes while ensuring content adheres to brand guidelines.
- Create content, as needed, at events by taking photos and videos to use on social media platforms
- Promote the HGO brand, upcoming productions, community events, and others as needed.
- Establish goals to increase relevant followers and build a loyal following by interacting with customers on all social media platforms
- Set clear objectives, report on key metrics, and consistently analyze insights to measure and assess the effectiveness of online and interactive engagement efforts.
- Identify influencers to partner with for social media collaborations or other contributions.
- Maintain website by updating content in a timely manner, building new pages when requested and reviewing content regularly for inconsistencies and outdated information.