CONTINUOUS RECRUITMENT; ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS YEAR-ROUND FOR CURRENT AND FUTURE OPENINGS.
Youth Care Specialist is responsible for the supervision of youth/young adult residents, and oversight of facility in a Youth Shelter or Transitional Living setting.
Assists in the fulfillment of the agency’s vision, “For Those We Serve,” by empowering individuals to thrive as healthy, self-sufficient and contributing members of our communities.
Fresno EOC is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.
Provides awake supervision of the facility, grounds, and residents during assigned shift.
Answers phones, provides general reception of visitors on-site, ensures signing in of non-resident visitors and maintains a log of all activity at the site during an assigned shift.
Provides crisis intervention information to clients and/or their families.
Facilitates workshops (e.g. independent living skills and life skills) and/or authorized activities with program participants.
Completes child abuse referrals as required of all mandated reporters.
Maintains positive community relations with parents, other agencies, and youth family members.
Assists in general facility upkeep; assign chores to clients to maintain facility cleanliness. Maintains a log of incidents, facility maintenance issues and resolutions.
Notifies designated Site Supervisor/Case Manager of unusual situations regarding a resident including abuse of facility/apartment rules and safety plans.
Performs routine room and home inspections for cleanliness, contraband and safety hazards. Ensures a safe and secure environment for residents.
Contacts emergency/medical personnel for residents.
Reports theft, property damage or security breaches to Program Manager.
Prepares and maintain files in a confidential manner and maintains proper documentation in the staff communication logs regarding client behavior and activity.
Attends ongoing staff meetings and trainings.
Travels throughout Fresno County for agency business including transporting clients to scheduled community activities and other pick-up/transportation duties.
Adheres to all guidelines, procedures, and protocols of the Sanctuary, Youth Shelter, Transitional Living Center and Fresno County Economic Opportunities Commission.
YOUTH SHELTER ONLY:
• Logs and charts behavior patterns and house activities.
• Assists in daily program planning and leads recreational, social and academic activities.
• Assists in preparing meals for clients
• Holds daily youth discussion groups.
• Facilitates the intake and exit process of program participants; prepares and maintains all files in a confidential manner.
• Picks-up and prepares meals.
• Complies with Community Care Licensing procedures, reporting, and shelter operations.
TLC SITES ONLY:
• Resolves resident complaints concerning other residents or visitors.
• Assists residents in completing maintenance requests or other program-related forms when necessary.
• Informs residents of availability of nearby schools, shopping malls, recreational facilities and public transportation.
• Provides information to residents regarding apartment operations, location of and operation of laundry facilities, gates and explanation of rules.
• Collects rent and utilities payments, as appropriate, and issues receipts.
• Investigates resident complaints about malfunctions of utilities or furnished household appliances and inspects vacated apartments to determine needed repairs or maintenance.
Performs other duties as assigned.