Department: Operations (Line, Kitchen)
Reports to: Kitchen/Dish Supervisor, Manager
Job Purpose: Work in an efficient manner to produce quality product
by following Marzoni’s recipes and procedure standards
Essential Job Results
1. Prepare quality food
by following Marzoni’s recipes and procedure standard
2. Ensure proper sanitation of food and work areas
by following FDA code and Marzoni’s standard
3. Proper sanitation of equipment, utensils, and restaurant
by helping in preventative maintenance of equipment, utensils, and restaurant
4. Prepare consistent product
by knowing and learning Marzoni’s recipes
5. Maintain Safety Temp Sheets
by regulating and monitoring safe and quality temperatures
6. Be a crew/team member
by helping co-workers and restaurant in any situation
by effectively communicating with co-workers/supervisors/managers
8. Professional demeanor
by remaining professional in all situations or areas of the restaurant
9. Improve knowledge of product and procedures
10. Time Management
by using time at work in an efficient and effective manner to complete duties of designated job
Cook II Specific Duties
1. Operation of Equipment: Reach-in coolers, Reach-in freezer, Hot wells, Cold wells, Cold Drawers, Clam Shell Flat-top Grill, Fryers, Char-Grill, Stove Tops, Pasta Cooker, Salamanders, Alto Shams, Microwave, Toaster, and Heat Lamps.
2. Proper Sanitation and Preventative Maintenance of Equipment: Reach-in coolers, Reach-in freezer, Hot wells, Cold wells, Cold Drawers, Clam Shell Flat-top Grill, Fryers, Char-Grill, Stove Tops, Pasta Cooker, Salamanders, Alto Shams, Microwave, Toaster, and Heat Lamps.
3. Proper Sanitation of floors, walls, hood vents, drains, and shelves.
4. Follow HACCP guidelines and complete Safety Temperature Sheets.
5. Follow Marzoni’s Standard for preparing quality food in a timely manner.
6. Stock line and prep food when needed by following FIFO: First in- First out.
7. Work with prep crew to maintain levels of product on hot line.
8. Work with Expeditor in a professional manner to ensure that food is being delivered to guest in a specified time frame. 5 to 10 minutes for Lunch and 15 to 20 minutes for Dinner.
9. Helping fellow line cooks in any area needed on line to ensure guest satisfaction.
10. Document food waste.
*The job description information is general in nature and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required of this job.
*This job description is subject to revision at the discretion of Marzoni’s