Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises personnel in finance, campus operations, payroll, energy management and special projects.
- Provides leadership for College-wide financial planning and for aligning budgets with established institutional goals and strategic plans. Oversees and directs all budgeting, audit, payroll, accounting, tax-related, purchasing, real estate and insurance activities for the College, and related long-range forecasting. Responsible for (1) long-range financial planning, budget planning and development, and debt repayment planning; (2) management of fiscal resources; (3) compliance with financial laws, regulations, GAAP, GASB, and AICPA guidelines; (4) cash and investment management.
- Ensures that the finance office operates procedures and systems and maintains records to support all necessary fiscal controls, reports and services, and properly manages the custody of funds, investments, and other assets of the College.
- Regularly updates the President and the Board of Trustees on the College’s fiscal position, and other administrative matters.
- Responsible for oversight of all facilities, the facility master plan, special projects, energy management and conservation.
- Responsible for Middle States reporting on outcomes and institutional effectiveness with regard to finance areas.
- Oversees the external audit, reviews and analyzes results and recommends the audited financial statements for approval. Prepares the financial section of the annual report.
- Serves on President’s Executive Staff.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience Experience in higher education required. Minimum of five years senior management experience in some or all of the areas of responsibility including proven leadership, excellent organizational and fiscal management skills; demonstrated experience using information technology in business applications; and strong interpersonal and communications skills
Education Master’s degree in finance-related field (preferred)
Interpersonal Skills Ability to work effectively with the Board of Trustees, administrators, faculty, staff, students and external constituencies.
Technical Skills To perform this job successfully, an individual should have experience with the productive use of Enterprise Resources Planning Systems, and Financial Management Software.
Other Skills Excellent written and oral communication skills. Strong analytical and planning skills at all levels. Demonstrated leadership skills in varied business and planning environments. Ability to utilize data in decision-making. Strong budget planning and effective financial analysis skills. Proven experience in the establishment and implementation of a comprehensive human resources system. Valid driver's license is required to facilitate travel between campuses and to off-campus meetings with college business partners government officials, and colleagues from other institutions.
Physical Requirements The work is mostly sedentary; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying of light items, driving an automobile, etc. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
Work Environment Regular exposure to favorable conditions such as those found in a normal office.