Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements an effective recruitment strategy for Salem Community College.
- Serves as the liaison to all Salem County high schools including the Salem County Vocational Technical School.
- Responsible for recruitment activities for special populations such as NJ Stars and School Counts.
- Assists in organizing, implementing, and assessing processes related to the college’s admissions and enrollment services programs.
- Implements and carries out all policies and procedures pertaining to the overall admissions function of the college including but not limited to receiving applications, recording admissions status, creating admissions files, conducting follow-up correspondence, and referring transcripts for evaluation for all students including international students.
- Meets and assists students in the completion of the admissions process.
- Assists with tours and campus visits.
- Ensures admission data is appropriately entered into the college data management system.
- Responsible for remaining abreast of current and new technology related to recruitment.
- Serves as administrator for testing procedures and administers and enters data related to all College testing services and learning pattern assessments.
- Works collaboratively with liaisons from county high schools in all functions related to testing, touring, applications, and admission.
- Responsible for the security and confidentiality of student files.
- Serves as an effective member to appointed college committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
Experience Preference will be given to candidates with direct experience working in admissions and recruitment.
Interpersonal Skills Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the college for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Technical Skills Working knowledge of current and emerging computer hardware and software, including relevant ERP systems and all Microsoft Office products.
Other Skills Ability to work with diverse academic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff. Training and experience working with students and providing good customer service. Competency in the utilization of computer technology used for communication, testing, and the entering, storing, retrieving, and reporting of data related to student acceptance and admissions records. Knowledge of admissions and recruitment procedures. Knowledge of the components involved with recruiting of high school and transfer students. Knowledge of recruitment and marketing strategies with a strong desire to reach out to high school and transfer populations who are potential candidates for admission to SCC. Familiarity with NJ Transfer and other transfer initiatives. Knowledge of the Accuplacer, CLEP, MapleSoft, and NET test administrative procedures as well as experience with learning pattern assessment. Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a special emphasis on public speaking.
Physical Requirements The work is mostly sedentary; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying of light items, driving an automobile, etc. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
Work Environment Regular exposure to favorable conditions such as those found in a normal office. High level of energy and
enthusiasm. Evening and some weekends required. Travel necessary.