Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the implementation of EOF policies and procedures.
- Assists with monitoring EOF student progress.
- Assists with coordinating EOF activities including end of the year programs.
- Assists with coordinating the Summer EOF program.
- Assists in preparing grant and other related reports.
- Performs XAE Honor Society chapter administrative duties with Director/Coordinator of EOF Services.
- Conducts academic, personal and career counseling with EOF and non-EOF students throughout the year. Assists students throughout registration process and follows up on information requests. Schedules and conducts two or more counseling sessions per month for EOF students.
- Maintains written records of academic progress to monitor EOF student progress.
- Assists in the recruitment of EOF students for the summer, fall, and spring semesters.
- Assists in the selection process of EOF students
- Assists in the planning and implementation of workshops and activities that would build EOF students’ study skills and leadership.
- Adheres to FERPA and other regulatory guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned within the EOF Program and College
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience A minimum of two years of administrative experience in managing/coordinating programs for students from diverse backgrounds.
Comfortable working within deadlines
Demonstrated ability in implementing and supporting
Database technology in a college environment
Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
Interpersonal SkillsCourtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the college for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Technical Advanced proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Access databases; working knowledge of PC, internet, and presentation software
Other SkillsKnowledge of EOF program goals and objectives. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff. Competency in the utilization of computer technology used for communication, data gathering and reporting. Experience advising students of diverse backgrounds. Excellent written communications and customer service skills are required. Ability to maintain confidential information in a professional manner is required.
Project Management Ability to work independently yet efficiently and to schedule and prioritize work with limited direction from a supervisor.
Physical Requirements The work is mostly sedentary; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying of light items, driving an automobile, etc. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
Work Environment Regular exposure to favorable conditions such as those found in a normal office. Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes some nights and weekends.