GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION: Assist the Director and other senior staff and volunteers in carrying out development programs of the national setting of the United Church of Christ by providing leadership in identifying grant prospects, cultivating and securing grant support to assist the programs of the national ministries; facilitates and administers the grant and scholarship programs of the national ministries and coordinates the production and distribution of these resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Serve as principal liaison between grant/scholarship applicants and funding committees.
• Coordinate the application processes of the several UCC scholarship and loan funds.
• Facilitate the award and reporting processes for the several UCC scholarship and loan funds.
• Oversee the reporting of scholarship activity to relevant donors and University departments and ensure that funds are spent and that recipient meets scholarship criteria.
• Facilitate communications between donors and grant/scholarship recipients.
• Assist in developing and implementing annual and long-range fund development plans for the UCC, ensuring that the mission is reflected throughout all efforts.
• Work with development team to identify and set annual grant fundraising goals consistent with organization budget.
• Prepare, submit and manage all grant applications and renewals.
• Conduct extensive research for new funding opportunities with a variety of dollar values, from small to large.
• Work with program staff to gather and track program outcomes and data as outlined in grant proposals.
• Prepare and submit regular grant reports as required by funders, insuring compliance requirements are met.
• Prepare and manage tracking system to effectively identify, track and report annual grant opportunities and submissions.
• Collaborate with the staff team and other church leaders as they identify needs and prepare compelling cases for giving.
• In cooperation with the staff team coordinate development strategies for the United Church of Christ.
• Respond to inquiries for information and resources as requested by Conferences, congregations and individuals.
• Serve as the primary research liaison with the variety of national ministries.
• Promote the program’s positive public image by responding in writing and orally on a timely basis to inquiries for information, accepting speaking engagements, and serving as a resource.
• Contribute to the effectiveness of work teams by fostering a spirit of cooperation and accomplishing assigned tasks.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.