|OLH Inc., an Atlanta-based firm, was founded in 1993 to offer general consulting services in the areas of Project and Construction Management and Staff Augmentation. A female and minority owned firm, OLH Inc. (OLH) is a certified Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) in states throughout the Southeast and is a certified Small Business Administration (SBA) ' Economically Disadvantaged Woman-owned Small Business. Other offices are in Augusta, Georgia; Columbia, South Carolina and Madison, Alabama. OLH offers professional services including Project and Construction Management, Program Management, Software Development, and Staff Augmentation to federal, state, and local government agencies.
We offer competitive salaries, benefit packages, holidays and paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) supporting diversity in the workplace.
Provide internal/external communications advisory support for SRNS programmatic activities with an emphasis on public/employee involvement, public/employee information, and public participation activities. This position is responsible for the development, writing, and editing of a wide range of materials to portray the company's policies and activities accurately before appropriate internal and external audiences on a variety of topics. Incumbents work with local, state, and national media, as well as the general public. May also be called upon to manage meetings with a variety of external organizations.
DUTIES – Event Planning
Significant contact with upper management, DOE-SR, and external agencies. This is the primary element of the position. Contacts include: organizing, making arrangements, explaining. Though not on a daily basis, negotiating or convincing does occur. Incumbent must be a skilled
Communicator, both written and oral. Must be able to react quickly and with assurance that the response is appropriate to the situation. Errors could result in a negative impression of the Site being presented to external individuals/organizations, and political organizations. May be required to serve as liaison from Site to various citizens’ organizations or to other public entities. In this capacity, acts as spokesperson for the Site, this requires in-depth knowledge on area of concern. In this capacity, this individual is authorized to interact with the media on a broad range of site issues, including broadcast interviews.
• Develop and implement strategic approach for assigned internal-oriented and/or public-oriented program/project
- keeping management informed as to issues which are in the public point-of-view
- publicizing initiatives to assure adequate participation and DOE satisfaction
• May be required to serve as liaison from Site to various citizens’ organizations or to other public entities. In this capacity, acts as spokesperson for the Site, which requires in-depth knowledge on area of concern. In this capacity, this individual is authorized to interact with the media on a broad range of site issues, including broadcast interviews.
• In support of customers, expected to design a customer-approved internal communication plan relating to either a site wide program, or design an approved departmental policy or system relating to internal communication process or procedures; and, design a customer-approved media plan to publicize a significant site program or activity; and, design a customer-approved plan, a departmental policy or process relating to stakeholder participation campaigns.
• Initiate public involvement/public information initiatives within educational institutions
• Develop/implement new strategies to inform stakeholders of public involvement
• Provide writing and editing for assigned programs/projects, as well as for SRNS management, DOE-SR management, and critical stakeholders, including speeches, newspaper articles and other materials for internal and external release.
• Responsible for media relations, explaining and/or interpreting SRNS policies or actions to news media representatives. This is accomplished both through verbal communication and written communication. Maintain cooperative relationship with news media.
• Act as a resource for all site organizations when dealing with public issues, to include review of materials produced by SRNS personnel which will be released to the public (articles, speeches, presentations, etc). Also includes preparing site personnel who are in positions where they may be required to interact with the media.
• Act as spokesperson for the company.
AREA SECURITY ACCESS: A security clearance is not initially required: however, candidate must be capable of obtaining a Q clearance if required to perform assigned duties.
WORK HOURS: Work hours will be scheduled by SRNS Management on an as required basis mutually agreed by the parties, with hours paid as actually worked and invoiced. SRS utilizes various work schedules; including 5/8s (8 hours/day; five days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day; four days per week), and a 9/80s (9 hours/day, five days on week A and 4 days on week B). Work week excludes SRNS holidays. Each work day has a 30-minute lunch.
- Industry Experience: a minimum of 10-12 years of Government experience including working with groups and/or the public, planning meetings, conferences and Special VIP events.
- Requires excellent writing/editing abilities, creative thinking, and quick decision-making.
- Good computer skills necessary.
- Must be able to "think on one's feet".
- Considered as subject matter expert regarding information management skills necessary in utilizing communications tools (software, hardware, presentation packages), and design of basic presentations, publications and/or advertising materials.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple activities simultaneously critical.
- 2-4 years of ERO participation supporting Nuclear Industry
- Must have 5-10 years of experience in Corporate Event Planning
- Must be able to negotiate and sign contracts with various vendors and meeting facilities
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Understanding of Site's organizational structure and missions is critical, as in an understanding of regulatory framework governing site operations is preferred.
- B.S. Degree in English or Communications or Journalism or Business
Must be a US citizen.
OHL is a Project Management firm headquartered in Atlanta offering comprehensive and specialized Project, Program & Construction Management services. We are a woman-owned firm, recognized for our ability to consistently deliver quality service on projects that are completed on schedule and within budget. We are strategically located throughout the Southeast in Atlanta, Augusta & Savannah Georgia, South Carolina and Huntsville, Alabama. We offer competitive salaries and benefit packages. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) supporting diversity in the workplace.
If you are interested in this position, are a U.S. citizen, and your resume and experience meet the job description and requirements, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the job title within the subject line. We will contact you for any additional information needed and to obtain your permission to submit your resume after reviewing your information.
Senior Technical Recruiter / Account Administrator
803 474-6067 - Cell