Team Lead, Field Recruitment
Under the direction of the Manager, Crew Resourcing and in partnership with key stakeholders, the Team Lead, Field Recruitment will develop and coordinate the organization’s Canadian field recruitment activities; provide workforce planning leadership and support and lead field workforce reporting.
Summary of Duties (Duties may include, but not limited to, the following):
- Manage and mentor the Field Recruitment team to effectively and efficiently source, attract, select, and on-board the best candidates for Canadian Drilling and Savanna Well Servicing;
- Understand the activity fluctuation in the industry, the shortage of a skilled labor pool, and other subsequent challenges of our business and develop new and creative recruitment and retention strategies to provide solutions to those challenges;
- Work closely with the Organizational Effectiveness group to develop both an effective field workforce planning model and strategic staffing plan and continuously evaluate the effectiveness of those models/plans;
- Work closely with the Organizational Effectiveness group to implement field metrics and reporting in order to forecast requirements so that field recruiting strategies are aligned with anticipated demand. Effectively communicate these metrics and strategies to the respective businesses on an on-going basis;
- Work closely with the Team Leads, Crew Coordination on all matters of the business.
- Foster close cooperation between Operations, HS&E and HR personnel in all aspects of recruiting and workforce planning;
- Develop and promote Savanna as an employer of choice within the industry. Lead others in the organization in doing the same;
- Build cooperative relationships with supporting industry and professional organizations;
- Work closely with the Diversity Coordinator to take a lead role in supporting diversity programs in the field;
- Remain current with Employment Standards and Human Rights and Privacy legislation as they apply to recruitment;
- Ensure the complete and accurate maintenance of applicant/requisition data in the ATS and facilitate effective reporting.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous experience in high-volume recruiting a must, preferably in drilling and/or well servicing;
- Previous experience in workforce planning, forecasting and reporting;
- Previous experience in leading and managing a dispersed team;
- Proven leadership ability;
- Proven ability to execute;
- Capable of creating and maintaining relationships across an organization;
- Dedicated, persistent, innovative, and adaptable;
- Effective organization and time management skills;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment under pressure;
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent work experience with relevant professional qualifications;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of developing and leading recruitment programs, ideally within the oilfield services industry;
- Significant previous experience in workforce planning and reporting;
- Previous experience of implementing and utilizing of Applicant Tracking and HR Management systems.
|Savanna Energy Services is one of the fastest growing energy Services companies in Canada, with growing operations in the USA and Australia. We have one of the newest fleets of both Drilling and Well Servicing Rigs in the industry, leading the way with our innovative approach to safety, training, and Aboriginal partnerships.
Our goal at Savanna is to hire people who want to establish or further their career in the energy services industry. Savanna can provide local as well as international opportunities to their employees. We are in this industry for the long term, and we are looking to attract individuals who share our vision and passion for what we do! Take a look at what career opportunities Savanna can offer you.