The Mailhouse Clerk II is responsible for operating mailing machines to complete all mailing jobs required by the company. The Clerk also delivers and prepares all USPS mail and overnight packages. This position may assist in the training of less senior members of the department, and also:
· Operates various mailing machines to send outgoing mail
· Sorts and delivers daily USPS and overnight carrier mail
· Tracks items received at the loading dock
· Picks up and delivers print jobs to and from outside vendors
· Assists other employees in the department by pulling inventory requests, sorting incoming mail and operating the postage meter
· Picks up mail at the USPS and the overnight carrier’s local offices
· Occasionally trains others in the department
A high school diploma is required along with 1-2 years’ experience in a mailhouse environment. Must have intermediate level knowledge of mailhouse workflow and operations.
Must be able to run mailhouse machinery such as the inserter, folder, etc .Must be able to alphabetize documents accurately. Must have excellent number and word comparison skills. Must be able to operate a forklift. Must be able to calculate multiple types of postage. Must be able to safely drive a company vehicle. An acceptable Motor Vehicle Report is required.
Must pay attention to details and maintain an organized workflow. Must be able to juggle tasks and priorities to meet rapidly changing deadlines.