Responsible for coordinating all maintenance and janitorial functions within the facilities and their adjoining grounds. Through periodic maintenance planning with program managers and directors, the maintenance supervisor develops program of maintenance and repair at least every 30 days. This position is also responsible for contact with outside vendors for contractual services and the supervision of contracted work. In addition, this role supervises two staff and is responsible for performance management of direct reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervise/coordinate maintenance and janitorial requirements of facilities through development
of written plans in concert with the respective Associate Manager – Corrections Facility.
• Assumes principal responsibility for establishing specifications and solicitation of bids for all work
performed by outside vendors.
• Hire, train, supervise and evaluate assigned staff.
• Meet affirmative action goals established by the organization while maintaining a work
environment which respects and supports cultural competence and proficiency.
• Directs and assists assigned staff in completion of their assigned maintenance/repair duties, as
• Orders and maintains materials required for planned and emergency maintenance/repair
• Maintain tools and equipment inventory.
• Develops/completes reports to supervisor as requested.
This position will require working in facilites located in Roseville and Minneapolis.