Universal Protection Service is one of the largest integrated security suppliers in the United States, offering teams of security officers, technology integration, consulting services, and Fire/Life Safety expertise. Founded in 1965 as a provider of contract security professionals in Santa Ana, California, the company quickly expanded its base of expertise to include security technology solutions and Fire Life Safety Training. The mission of Universal has always been "to provide unmatched service and security solutions by creating and cultivating partnerships with our security professionals and clients". Operating under this philosophy, the company achieved consistent organic growth and developed a reputation as a service provider that set the standard for service, innovation and customer satisfaction.
Universal Protection Service invites you to apply today to be one of our dynamic Professional Security Officers. Our vision is to be exceptional---to maintain exceptional people, to provide exceptional service, and to create exceptional results. We seek passionate applicants who love working with people. The ideal candidate for the Professional Security Officer position is excellent with customers and has an impressive ability to communicate. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic high-powered security team focused on securing client properties while delivering exceptional customer service.
Transit Security Officers have gone on to become Border Patrol agents, ICE agents, Customs officials, and law enforcement. This career path is especially good for our returning military veterans. Thank you for your service!! The successful Transit Officer candidate is responsible for providing security services at assigned locations throughout the San Diego Trolley System route. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Excellent, proactive Customer Service;
- The ability to repeat the same information to customers throughout the day, e.g. directing customers to ticket booths, kiosks, restrooms, etc.;
- The ability to stand post for 10 hours per day for 4 days consecutively;
- The ability to verbally resolve situations before they escalate;
- The ability to perform physical duties, including but not limited to, standing, bending, stooping, walking, running, etc.;
- The ability to work within both a team setting and independently;
- The ability to work mandatory overtime as required, including weekends and holidays;
- Other duties as assigned.
**If you started an application on a mobile device, you are welcome to come into the San Diego Branch to complete it.**
Requirements for this position include the following:
• Clean, neat, professional appearance
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written
• High School Diploma or GED
• Must be able to provide evidence to work in the US
• Clean criminal background
• Must be available to work any day, any shift, including grave shifts and weekends
• Mandatory overtime as required
• Reside in a city in which the San Diego Trolley route runs
**New Requirement: MUST possess a current, valid California Driver's License.**
No previous guard experience required. On-the-job training provided. We can assist you in getting your guard card!
Universal Protection Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.