Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains regular communication with Director of Nursing and Fulltime Nursing Instructor to determine
- Discuss with students their concerns and/or problems directly or indirectly related to learning experience.
- Works effectively as part of the faculty team demonstrating positive interpersonal relations, collaborating with other faculty members to meet student needs, participating in faculty meetings and nursing program committees, and responding to requests from management.
- Provides expectations and standards for course assignments that demonstrate academic rigor in accordance with the course module.
- Provides documentation of progress and reports to the DON and Nursing Instructor
- Maintains student records and progress in either the classroom or lab/clinical setting.
- Performs other duties as assigned in support of students enrolled in Nursing programs.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education Master’s degree in Nursing required.
Experience Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in New Jersey and at least one year of clinical experience in an acute health care facility required. Teaching experience preferably at the community college level.
Interpersonal Skills Ability to work effectively with faculty, administrators, staff, and external constituencies.
Technical Skills Working knowledge of current and emerging computer hardware and software, including relevant ERP systems and all Microsoft Office products.
Other Skills Ability to demonstrate skills competencies and promote learning and simulate the clinical experience in the lab. Experience using innovative instructional technology with an emphasis on critical thinking and safe practice in the clinical lab setting.
Physical Requirements The work is mostly sedentary; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying of light items, driving an automobile, etc. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
Work Environment Regular exposure to favorable conditions such as those found in a normal office.