If you’re looking to sharpen your skills as part of a dynamic team, then consider the role of an IT Support Specialist at Savanna Energy. Savanna is a fast growing, energetic, values-based organization that has experienced growth at many levels..
The role of an IT Support Specialist is to provide timely and accurate front-line user support and customer service.
Summary of Duties (Duties may include, but are not limited to the following):
- Provide first and second tier technical and desktop support to end users on a variety of computer-related issues in Savanna Energy Services Corp. and its subsidiaries; supporting all field offices and remote sites.
- Respond to user telephone calls, emails, and user walk-in requests; identifying, prioritizing and resolving user technical problems.
- Entering, tracking, and monitoring all user requests in Service Desk, including entering solutions into knowledge base.
- Provide first-level support for all Microsoft Office products and Savanna in-house applications.
- Ensure procedural documentation is current for all new installs, updates, contact information, and/or other system related upgrades.
- Develop help desk standards for operating procedures; accurately logging all help desk incidents using call tracking software.
- Perform asset management for computers, computer parts and supplies.
- Test new equipment and software products in accordance to company standards and system compatibility.
- Ensure a level of security and virus protection for Savanna, including removal of spyware, adware, malware, and viruses.
- Provide user training for PC hardware and software usage.
- Provide system and network support within a Microsoft Network Infrastructure including Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, and Group Policies.
- Documentation of new systems and installation procedures.
- Deployment of new desktop and notebook computers.
- Creating and maintaining ghost images for all computers.
- Perform backup and image restoration for user profiles as required.
- Provide after hours on call support.
To be successful in this position, you will possess:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Thoroughness and an acute attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly, think logically and understand abstract relationships
- Should be self-motivated with the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks against tight deadlines
- Degree or Diploma in Information Systems
- 2-5 years of experience
What we offer:
- Comprehensive benefits
- RRSP program with employer matched contributions
- A competitive salary
If you are keen to pursue a challenging and rewarding opportunity, please apply online at www.savannaenergy.com/careers
|Savanna Energy Services is one of the fastest growing energy Services companies in Canada, with growing operations in the USA and Australia. We have one of the newest fleets of both Drilling and Well Servicing Rigs in the industry, leading the way with our innovative approach to safety, training, and Aboriginal partnerships.
Our goal at Savanna is to hire people who want to establish or further their career in the energy services industry. Savanna can provide local as well as international opportunities to their employees. We are in this industry for the long term, and we are looking to attract individuals who share our vision and passion for what we do! Take a look at what career opportunities Savanna can offer you.