This posting is for a Process Engineer position for an industry leading chemical company. The successful candidate would have demonstrated experience as a Process Engineer preferably with a minimum of three years’ experience in plant engineering in support of a refining or chemical manufacturing facility. The successful candidate also must be willing to work a minimum two year, international assignment as a Process Engineer in Jubail, Saudi Arabia.
The Process Engineer will provide expertise, leadership, and mentoring to enlist and involve employees at all levels in the development, promotion, and continuous improvement of the company’s process engineering operations at new and existing facilities in Jubail, Saudi Arabia.
Upon successful completion of the international assignment, the candidate will be repatriated to the U.S. to transition into an equivalent role at one of the company’s U.S. based operating facilities.
The additional responsibilities are summarized below:
- The Process Engineer is a safety and compliance role model and leader.
- This individual is accountable for operation of the unit by the company’s policies and guidelines including: Process Safety Management, Operational Excellence Processes, and operating within the environmental permit requirements
- Engage in plant Process Safety Management by conducting small Process Hazard Analysis, participating in larger HAZOP and LOPA studies, action item follow-up, Management of Change Process, and Pre-Startup Safety reviews
- Provide expertise, leadership, and mentoring to a multi-cultural team and site
- Responsible for daily and long term process monitoring and optimization activities to improve the efficiency and operation of the units
- Organizes and conducts test runs and audits to determine bottlenecks and areas for efficiency improvements
- Evaluate new process schemes and designs with regard to engineering and economic feasibility
- Utilize process simulation software to troubleshoot units and evaluate design and operating conditions
- Must be able to successfully gain an understanding, overall knowledge, and comprehension of processes and procedures of the facilities
- Must be able to recognize opportunities for improvement on the plant processes
- Possess the ability to trouble shoot unit issues and recognize when to get other resources involved
- Provide engineering coordination and support for both planned and unplanned shutdowns and unit turnarounds
- Maintain an open and effective communications on and across shifts within the department, unit leadership, other operating/functional support, and on-site contractors
- Strong technical and analytical verbal and written communication skills
- Able to communicate effectively on issues across the organization
- Responsible for daily communications with the crew teams
- Responsible for daily updates to a wide variety of audiences, customers, and
- Demonstrate a high initiative and be intrinsically motivated
- Assert the appropriate sense of urgency needed for all situations
- Ability to prioritize and delegate authority appropriately
- Possess a presence of mind to understand when other resources are needed
- Demonstrate the ability to lead a team and strive for continuous improvement
- Initiates and leads change to improve performance and business result