The Pastry Chef Position will be responsible for overseeing and managing outlet operations at the Grand Cascades lodge and to include but not limiting:
The Pastry Chef is responsible for the pastry and dessert production and plate up for banquets, a la carte restaurants and fine dining including:
Biosphere Galatoria, Crystal Tavern, Restaurant Latour, Springs Bistro and Crystal Springs Banquet Department.
Creativity, Cutting edge Pastries, Desserts, Gelatos, being a trend setter in the field is a must.
Great organization skills and consistency are a must, willingness to adapt are crucial
Guest satisfaction in our restaurants revolves around the food appearance, high quality of the food and overall dining experience. It is the cooks’ responsibility for the daily preparation of food items in the pantry, sauté, and grill stations or other areas of the kitchen.
- Work closely with the Chef de Cuisines and Executive team to review the kitchen standards of all products and maintain them
- Sets up station according to restaurant guidelines.
- Prepares all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Follows, Trains and creates recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant.
- Ensure all items are restocked as needed throughout the shift. Follow up with purchasing dept. in case of missing items, or sub-standard product quality.
- Cleans and maintains station while practicing exceptional safety, sanitation and organizational skills.
- Has understanding and knowledge of how to properly use and maintain all equipment in the station.
- Maintains and Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of the kitchen, walk-in coolers and all storage areas.
- Performs any additional duties as requested by the Executive Team at any time, reports directly to Executive Chef.