Savanna Well Servicing is actively searching for the dynamic role of Field Recruiter in Lacombe, AB. This position will recruit, select, screen, interview, test, and conduct orientation for rig personnel, adhering to the company's established recruitment process, procedures and systems.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Sort and screen resumes and applications;
- Work closely with the Manager, Crew Resourcing in order to ensure we are recruiting suitable candidates for positions on the rigs;
- Interview potential candidates for employment, and ensure they are qualified and meet mandatory requirements;
- Perform reference checks;
- Act as a point-of-contact for new hires, up to ‘Ready-to-Go” status according to the field recruitment process;
- Responsible for ensuring all new hire paperwork is completed correctly, prior to submitting to corporate. This includes new hire packages coming from our various Administrators. Go through employee packages and orientation process (as applicable) with candidates and help them complete if necessary;
- Support and communicate field recruitment process and procedures in the field;
- Work with Manager, Crew Resourcing to support the implementation and maintenance of ATS/HRMS;
- Maintain complete and accurate candidate/requisition data in the ATS;
- Schedule pre-employment testing for candidates;
- Create Purchase Orders for pre-employment testing;
- Book qualified applicants for orientation;
- Aid in international recruitment when and if required;
- Support recruitment strategies determined by the Manager, Crew Resourcing;
- Liaise with the Team Lead, Leadership Development & Diversity to support diversity programs in the field;
- Participate in Crew Resourcing calls when required;
- Support and contribute to the development and implementation of recruitment processes, procedures, and systems;
- Remain current with Employment Standards and Human Rights and Privacy legislation as they apply to recruitment.
To be successful in this position you will posess:
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build strong rapport;
- Effective organization and time management skills;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong computer and administrative skills;
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment under pressure;
- Previous experience using an Applicant Tracking System is preferred;
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- 1-2 years experience, ideally in the drilling or well servicing industry;
- Minimum 1-2 years recruiting experience.
- Full time, temporary term position; estimated 9 months contract (maternity leave coverage)
Savanna offers competitive wages and opportunities for growth!
|Savanna Energy Services is one of the fastest growing energy Services companies in Canada, with growing operations in the USA and Australia. We have one of the newest fleets of both Drilling and Well Servicing Rigs in the industry, leading the way with our innovative approach to safety, training, and Aboriginal partnerships.
Our goal at Savanna is to hire people who want to establish or further their career in the energy services industry. Savanna can provide local as well as international opportunities to their employees. We are in this industry for the long term, and we are looking to attract individuals who share our vision and passion for what we do! Take a look at what career opportunities Savanna can offer you.