Provides assistance and leadership to the Mortgage Department in handling day to day compliance related questions and issues by performing the following duties:
- Examines FIB&T policies, procedures and practices to ensure compliance with mortgage related laws and regulations.
- Stays abreast of changes to federal and state banking laws and regulations affecting the management, operations and product offerings of the Mortgage Department within FIB&T.
- Assists in the revision, preparation and dissemination of new and updated mortgage compliance standards and procedures. Keeps necessary compliance related documentation and resources up to date.
- Delivers training information that is received from the Compliance Department to the appropriate Mortgage Department personnel.
- Serves on the Compliance Committee and performs responsibilities of those committee members.
- Works with the Mortgage Department in reviewing and correcting any findings in Quality Control Reviews and other reviews.
- Assists in facilitating internal exams such as for HMDA, Flood, and Fair Lending, Notice of Action and works with the Mortgage Department personnel and/or Compliance Department in correcting any possible findings.
- Assists in facilitating federal and state examinations as requested by the Compliance Department.