Itching to fetch coffee for somebody, or looking to make copies full time' Well, then this opportunity isn't for you.
Here at PETA and the PETA Foundation, you know that we do everything bigger, louder, and better, and that applies to our internship program as well. As an intern, you'll get to work with (not for) staff members to sharpen your skills as an animal rights activist, help raise awareness about animal rights through public outreach, improve yourself with in-office trainings and seminars, enjoy delicious vegan lunches, and so much more!
One day, you may be on the road with our campaign staff or helping out peta2 at Warped Tour. The next, you may be helping us research the top vegan-friendly college campuses. Whatever their interests, our interns are right in the mix of it all. Talk about exposure—our interns are able to attend daily brainstorming sessions with PETA President Ingrid E. Newkirk and Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman as well as several members of senior staff to discuss the news of the day and how we can get animal rights into the conversation. Your idea could be the next big thing!
• You must be at least 18 years old.
• You must be signed up for PETA's Action Team.
• You must have at least one year of work or volunteer experience.
• You must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• You must support PETA's philosophy. (Get familiar with the issues by clicking here.)
• You must share a commitment to the objectives of the organization.
How to Apply
There are no deadlines for internship applications. We accept them year-round and review them as they arrive.
Please note that the general office internship is an unpaid position.