Working in Savanna's Redcliff, Alberta location, the Field Recruiter is reponsibilities include:
• Sort and screen resumes and applications.
• Work closely with the Crew Coordinator Team Lead on knowledge transfer in order to ensure we are recruiting suitable candidates for positions on the rigs.
• Interview potential candidates for employment, and ensure they are qualified and meet mandatory requirements.
• Perform reference checks.
• Act as a point-of-contact for new hires.
• Responsible for ensuring all new hire paperwork is completed correctly, prior to submitting to corporate. This includes new hire packages coming from our various Administrators. Go through employee packages and orientation process (as applicable) with candidates and help them complete if necessary.
• Support and communicate recruiting process and procedures in the field.
• Work with Recruitment Manager to support implementation of Applicant Tracking System.
• Maintain data in all recruitment systems, (i.e. Input requisitions to hire, add candidates into applicant database and add successful candidates to the Spares/HotLists).
• Schedule pre-employment testing for candidates
• Create Purchase Orders for pre-employment testing.
• Book qualified applicants for Orientation.
• Aid in US recruitment and coordination of US personnel when and if required.
• Implement Recruitment Strategies determined by team (i.e. career fairs, web campaigns, etc).
• Participate in weekly Recruitment Management calls.
• Support and contribute to the development and implementation of recruitment process, procedures, and systems.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build strong rapport with field.
• Effective organization and time management skills.
• Proven leadership ability.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong computer and administration skills.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment under pressure.
• Recruiting experience on the Well Servicing side of the business is desirable, but not mandatory.
• Employee receives both functional and organizational training.
Education and Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• 1-2 years related industry experience.
• 1-2 years minimum recruiting experience.
This position is a contract role with an expected duration of 6 months.
|Savanna Energy Services is one of the fastest growing energy Services companies in Canada, with growing operations in the USA and Australia. We have one of the newest fleets of both Drilling and Well Servicing Rigs in the industry, leading the way with our innovative approach to safety, training, and Aboriginal partnerships.
Our goal at Savanna is to hire people who want to establish or further their career in the energy services industry. Savanna can provide local as well as international opportunities to their employees. We are in this industry for the long term, and we are looking to attract individuals who share our vision and passion for what we do! Take a look at what career opportunities Savanna can offer you.