Ideal candidate is enthusiastic, energetic, organized, and flexible; possesses excellent communication skills (written and verbal); and sensitive to the needs of diverse populations of students. Â Â Enjoys working in a flexible, often fast-paced, team-oriented environment and able to plan for and meet deadlines. Â Must have transportation to and from COSI and various Franklin and surrounding County locations.
Is your dream to become a teacher? Do you want to learn more about informal education? Do you love to teach hands on inquiry and have fun? This is the internship for you! The Intern for Out of School Education Partnership and Programming would give you the opportunity to work with all types of students in various after school settings. You will also have the opportunity to work on creating components and activities for our afterschool programs with the COSI Outreach team. The internship will give you experience in other outreach education programming and help you grow in experiential learning knowledge. COSI will provide an exciting field experience that immerses you in informal learning.
OBJECTIVE: Support COSI's mission by providing educational teaching support for our after school quality programs that have a focus on science discovery and learning. Work with COSI Team to implement student-centered programs.
ACCOUNTABILITIES/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for helping with the implementation of the various out of school programs. Help with assuring that each program is developmentally appropriate, focusing on discovery and creating a memorable educational experience for each participant.
- Work with the Supervisor of Out of School Partnerships and Programming to establish communication with potential partners in the community along with researching and finding growth opportunities for this outreach division.
- Collaborate with the COSI Program Development Team, Supervisor of Out of School Partnerships, and Outreach Educators to create programming components that utilize current innovative programming depending on the needs, focus and standards for the various participants.
- Support general Out of School COSI Programs through participation in meetings as appropriate.
- Communicate educational theories, trends, research, in your current higher education classes.
- Serve as an example to other COSI Team Members and Volunteers in matters of appearance, attitude, and performance.
- In accordance with COSI's Guest Services Strategy and as opportunities present themselves, provide excellence in Guest Services by assuring Guest safety, using courtesy to drive each Guest interaction, by delivering the COSI show, and by keeping operations efficient.