Under the direction of the Director, Risk Management & Compliance and as part of the Risk Management Team, the Lead Auditor shall be responsible for executing on the vision for auditing, planning, coordinating and executing internal audit activities in collaboration with Directors and Managers.
Summary of Duties (Duties may include, but are not limited to the following):
- Acts as the champion within the corporation to further the development of risk based design of controls that assure departmental, business and strategic goals are achieved.
- Support the businesses in design of controls when implementing process improvements or changes.
- Develop processes, procedures and templates in support of internal audit.
- Compile monthly, quarterly and annual reports for Management and the Audit Committee.
- Perform annual evaluation of Control Design Effectiveness.
- Execute the annual planning activity through collaboration with department heads and general managers to develop the annual audit plan.
- Develop and execute specific audit plans, conduct testing and write audit reports.
- Review and oversee work product of junior auditors.
- Lead non-conformance meetings and work with managers to ensure timely closure of actions.
- Plan learning activities in support of improving Savanna’s knowledge about risk related to internal controls or general design of controls.
- Perform other duties as required to meet corporate compliance objectives.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment;
- Excellent communication and report writing skills;
- Knowledgeable in internal audit, control frameworks, design of controls and risk assessment;
- Proficiency in designing, and executing audit programs;
- Strong analytical and research skills; ability to identify key issues and determine appropriate course of action to solve problems;
- Strong computer skills;
- Ability to travel.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma;
- Professional Accounting designation;
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive auditing experience (internal and/or external).
|Savanna Energy Services is one of the fastest growing energy Services companies in Canada, with growing operations in the USA and Australia. We have one of the newest fleets of both Drilling and Well Servicing Rigs in the industry, leading the way with our innovative approach to safety, training, and Aboriginal partnerships.
Our goal at Savanna is to hire people who want to establish or further their career in the energy services industry. Savanna can provide local as well as international opportunities to their employees. We are in this industry for the long term, and we are looking to attract individuals who share our vision and passion for what we do! Take a look at what career opportunities Savanna can offer you.