· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
· Experience with instructional development applications (e.g., Camtasia or Screenflow) and content authoring tools (e.g., Camtasia or Captivate)
· Experience with Dreamweaver, Flash, Photoshop or Fireworks, and/or related tools
· Experience with Learning Management System asset integration
· Experience in evaluation and implementation of social networking, online collaborative tools (discussion forums, wikis, blogs, etc.) and mobile applications for teaching/learning
· Experience in the application of universal design and Quality Matters standards
· Ability to manage projects to ensure successful delivery (on time, within budget, meeting agreed upon success criteria) to achieve clearly stated goals
· Experience in preparing evidence-based reports and presenting information to groups
- Administers the Canvas LMS.
- Ensures that all media are ADA Section 508 compliant.
- Adheres to Fair Use Guidelines with regard to the use of copyrighted material.
· Responds appropriately to help requests regarding the LMS (Canvas) from all users, including instructors and students.
· Applies the Quality Matters rubric to continually evaluate the quality and effectiveness of online and hybrid courses.
· Recommends and implements online learning strategies and academic technologies.
· Assists faculty with assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the use of academic technologies, including online and hybrid instruction.
· Coordinates training efforts for instructors, staff and students in the use of technology.
· Develops tutorials, training materials, and online learning modules using recordings, simulations, and other technologies.
· Collaborates with subject matter experts to transfer content to online environments and ensure that courses are successfully completed to specifications.
· Provides periodic reports on course development and other projects.
· Provides advice and counsel to Academic Affairs administration on the strategic, tactical and operational issues associated with the use of technology in the service of educational processes.
· Adapts instructional materials developed for face-to-face delivery to hybrid or fully online formats.
· Serves as the liaison between the College and the external vendors providing academic technology subscription services.
· Performs other duties as assigned.