The HR Specialist is responsible for payroll processing; report writing, coordination and monitoring of employee benefit enrollments and billings. Performs a variety of human resource support duties and general office support functions as necessary.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
1. Assumes responsibility for effectively recording, maintaining, and reporting human resources information.
a. Maintains the human resource database. Ensures that system records are accurately recorded and verified.
b. Enters new hire information in the human resource system database and any systems.
c. Performs periodical system maintenance processes, tracks and resolves problems, and applies updates as required.
d. Ensures that human resource files and records are maintained in accordance with legal requirement and Company policies and procedures.
e. Provide accurate reporting of new hires and terminations to management, various agencies, plan providers, administrators, and brokers of the Credit Union's benefits program.
f. Processes routine correspondence on behalf of the management for various social service and governmental agencies to include workers' compensation, and EDD filing and claim forms.
g. Checks recruitment site daily and forwards resumes to managers. Update applicants status and routes required documentation to applicants and/or hire managers.
h. Performs employment verifications for internal staff when authorized and requested from inquiring agency.
i. Is responsible for compliance with all required regulations and polices, especially with all Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) policies, procedures, and regulations.
2. Assumes responsibility for the accurate and timely performance of payroll functions.
a. Compile payroll data such as timesheets, deductions, change in status, or pay. Prepare for input and processing for distribution of pay. Run processes to calculate and submit tax and direct deposit files.
b. Maintain payroll records and ensures payroll functions are performed in accordance with Company policies and procedures and are in compliance with state and federal regulations.
c. Prepare and balance journal voucher for posting to the general ledger.
3. Assumes responsibility for the enrollment process of employee benefits and timely submission of payments.
a. Serves as liaison to all benefits providers and participants; reconciles and tracks the various benefits programs, eligibility, and billing.
b. Prepares and distributes written and verbal information to inform employees of benefits programs such as insurance plans, pension plans, paid time off, and special employer sponsored activities.
4. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication, coordination, and working relations with Company personnel and with management.
a. Train employees on various HR systems such as time keeping, benefit enrollment, and self-service modules.
b. Keeps HR Generalist appropriately informed of department activities and of any significant problems.
c. Attend and participates in meetings as required.
5. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
a. Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
b. Types memos and letters as requested.
c. Stays well informed regarding human resource and payroll developments.
d. Performs miscellaneous clerical functions and special projects as assigned.
1. The human resource information system functions smoothly. Personnel data and statistics are efficiently recorded, stored, and retrieved as appropriate.
2. Reporting functions are completed accurately and timely, and in accordance with established policies and federal and state regulations.
3. Payroll functions are completed in accordance with established policies and procedures. Errors or discrepancies are promptly discovered and resolved.
4. Visitors, telephone calls, and electronic communications are courteously and professionally received or referred. Good public relations exist with outside contacts.
5. Effective working relations exist with Company personnel. New employees are well trained and assisted. HR Generalist is appropriately informed of any areas of concern.
6. Protects the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.