This position is the Customer Ambassador for the bank with the overall purpose of providing quality and efficiency to customers who prefer face-to-face interaction with the bank. This position will have a thorough understanding of the customer’s transaction requirements and be able to effectively communicate all available options to them. They will educate customers about River Valley Banks’ sales and service delivery options and refer the appropriate products and services matching the customer needs. This position will also refer customers to the appropriate source or channel to address their need. They will also be responsible for the processing the regular transactions, such as receiving and paying out money, and keeping records of money and negotiable instruments involved in financial transactions in an efficient, friendly and accurate manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· With a good understanding of bank products/services and the customer’s current relationship, offers information on bank products and services that can benefit the customer and enhance their banking relationship. (Listens to the customer’s needs and matches those needs to the bank’s products and services resulting in referrals.)
· Receives checks and cash for deposit, verifies amount, and examines checks for endorsements. Accepts utility bill and loan payments.
· Cashes checks and pays out money after verification of signatures and customer balances.
· Enters customers' transactions into computer to record transactions, and issues computer generated receipts.
· Places hold on accounts for uncollected funds.
· Orders working supply of cash, and counts incoming and outgoing cash.
· Balances currency, coin, and checks in cash drawer at end of shift and compares totaled amounts with data displayed on computer screen.
· Is responsible for processing transactions utilizing bank wide systems, e.g., Branch Capture, Vertex, Core System, etc.
· May be responsible for vault, ATM and or coin machine to include but not limited to balancing, operating equipment and verification of documents.
· Removes deposits from, and counts and balances cash in, automated teller machines and night depository as required.
Other Duties as Assigned
May be expected to fill in at other bank locations based on business/staffing requirements.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.