PETA is looking for candidates who are ready to commit themselves to leading the animal rights campaign in our nation's capital. As an area organizer, you will represent our campaigns to the media, meet and work with members of the community, and network at a wide variety of events in the D.C. area. It can be very demanding work, and the hours can be long, but the victories are worth it. Public speaking experience is critical, and the perfect candidate will be hyper-organized and exceptionally driven. We also look for adherence to a vegan lifestyle and a thorough understanding of animal rights issues. Do you have what it takes to make animal rights the most talked about issue in D.C.? Apply today!
To direct regional activities as part of PETA's outreach programs
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Research and develop opportunities to promote PETA's programs and presence in D.C.
• Keep informed about local stories and develop plans based on them in order to increase media coverage of PETA campaigns
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with D.C. media and pitch appropriate stories
• Represent PETA to the media and the general public
• Speak on behalf of PETA at community meetings, conferences, colleges, etc.
• Organize and take part in local (D.C) demonstrations, exhibits, street theater, food sales, giveaways, and other types of appearances at popular tourist attractions, festivals, and well-attended events
• Recruit and direct activists to help achieve the goals of PETA's outreach program
• Draft letters, reports, and other documents in support of PETA's issues and campaigns
• Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor