The YMCA of Greater Boston seeks an energetic and skilled fund-raiser to work in teams to provide leadership and direction to the Association’s annual fund as well as develop and support special events at the local branch-level. The Regional Development Manager will report to the Senior Vice President - Development & Communications and have a matrix-ed reporting relationship with the local branch executive directors and board of advisors to meet and exceed annual fund raising goals. The Regional Development Manager will develop a strategy for an annual fund campaign that includes outreach to members, local corporations and foundations, lead policy volunteers and the community at large. In addition, the Regional Development Manager will work with local YMCA teams and volunteers to support existing special event programs that result in: increased revenue generation, service impact, high-quality volunteer recruitment to local boards of advisors and effective positioning of the YMCA within the philanthropic community.
The Regional Development Manager will work closely with Senior Management to secure major gifts for local Y’s and will have the opportunity to ensure the thoughtful, detailed and successful strategy for the annual fund campaign by maximizing membership participation, board and major gift potential.
• Develop and implement a strategy for the design and support of branch annual campaigns meeting ambitious participation through empowering, leading and managing the annual giving targets.
• Work with senior management team to establish aggressive growth goals for each branch, including goals for board, major gifts and member participation.
• Develop an accountability system to celebrate success and course correct when sites are not achieving stated goals.
• Develop a stewardship program for each branch’s top level donor prospects.
• Support branch staff and volunteers through training and coaching to increase their success ratio from direct and face-to-face solicitation efforts of those high level donors.
• Work one-on-one with branch leadership on prospect identification, screening, cultivation and moves management.
• Create campaign structure and kick off that maximizes volunteer participation and promotes YMCA as worthy philanthropic cause.
• Leverage boards as fundraising, marketing and recruitment leaders to infiltrate and further engage community.
• Manage and implement the gift acknowledgement process for team precision and efficient time management.
• Responsible for team gift acknowledgements that are monitored to ensure accurate revenue generated reports.
• B.S. or B.A. required
• A minimum of 4-6 years development experience with emphasis annual fund development and planned giving.
• A proven track record in building, shaping and personally working within a sophisticated team-driven development structure.
• Proven track record of success in asking for and closing contributions
• The ability to multi-task, while remaining focused on attaining the agreed upon objectives.
• Organizational skills in designing and implementing multiple projects, setting priorities and deadlines and ensuring program accountability.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to exercise good judgment; be a high energy team member, demonstrate initiative, and handle sensitive data in a trustworthy manner.
• Clear and effective verbal communication skills, as well as excellent written communication skills.
• Energy, creativity, persistence, flexibility and equanimity.
• Commitment to the YMCA mission.