To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to two years customer service, call center experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications and Licenses:
No certifications needed
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to computer rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic computer knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, and Excel) and advanced keyboarding and ten-key skills.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Individual possess and demonstrates the ability to knowledgably, effectively and professionally communicate product information to new and existing customers. The degree to which the benefits and features of products are effectively and appropriately utilized as a sales tool.
· Individual demonstrates a positive and helpful attitude toward customers (internal and external), understands their importance to River Valley Bank and understands how his/her job affects customers; establishes and maintains good relationships through interactions or work completed; projects a positive and professional image of River Valley Bank; Provides "WOW" customer service: Win every customer over, take Ownership of every customer issue and have a Wonderful time doing what you do.”
· Written - Individual writes clearly and concisely with little need for editing (includes spelling and grammar). Oral - Expresses self in speech as to be clearly and completely understood; adheres to RVB Telephone Standards; supports a favorable environment for open communication; addresses concerns or problems in an open non-defensive manner; conveys self-confidence and knowledge of subject in speaking to customers. Listens - Is attentive and transmits correct information to appropriate people; accepts constructive feedback.
· Individual possesses and demonstrates the technical ability to perform required duties, is practical in applying knowledge to assignments, and maintains expertise by keeping current with new developments and procedures.
Attention to Detail:
· The level at which tasks are performed carefully, accurately, and in accordance with specific instructions. Consistency of work quality and compliance with standards, requirements, and expectations. The tracking of numerical data and detailed organizational information, and the careful application of grammar, spelling, and punctuation rules.
· The ability to define and offer solutions to resolve problems. Uses knowledge of the organization to identify helpful resources.
· The level of trustworthiness, character, professionalism, confidentiality, and honesty in dealing with internal or external customers.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Some travel may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.