Educate and train students to gain skills, knowledge and behaviors and support their successful entry into the workplace or higher education, in a manner that supports the program within industry and the community and is consistent with District Core Values.
1. Effectively manage the classroom to create optimal learning environment, maintaining an appropriate balance of classroom discipline.
2. Plan and organize instructional materials/supply inventories/tools/equipment, update lesson plans and instruct students in competency-based developmental program curriculum using current instructional strategies appropriate to subject matter (i.e., classroom, self-paced, Blackboard interactive website, lab, clinicals, etc.) to assure highest quality classroom instruction.
3. Evaluate students on a recurrent basis to provide timely indications of student’s progress toward competencies and knowledge required for successful completion of program.
4. Provide academic, personal and behavioral counseling to students to support their successful completion of program requirements. Collaborate with District administration and Student Service representatives to devise appropriate intervention measures to effect maximum student retention and program completion.
5. Maintain up-to-date records of student attendance, academic progress and grades as required by District policy and certification agencies. Process, maintain and/or monitor paperwork required for District operations (inventory purchasing, follow-up data, etc.)
6. Develop and maintain community/business contacts and participate with industry advisory committee to promote interaction among students and practitioners, assure the program curriculum remains a current reflection of job market skill requirements and to facilitate placement of students.
7. Participate in projects/assignments in support of the campus or program, as assigned, which might include activities such as: assistance with CTSO activities/competitions, attendance at school events, performing monitoring duty in assigned area, etc.
8. Continue to develop professional expertise in educational methodology and learning strategies as well as in industry-specific topics through attendance/ participation at conferences, professional development training, professional associations, periodic industry internships and industry related events.
9. Perform tasks and duties relevant to any of various roles or responsibilities assigned by supervisor and determined by management to be appropriate for this position; comply with all policy, procedure, regulation and other communicated requirements as may be in effect for the workgroup or worksite.
10. Exercise discretion and independent judgment in making decisions regarding the provision of services to internal and external customers and in day-to-day operations of the department. Interpret and implement policies in a manner consistent with the interests of the District. Provide advice and consultation to executive management as requested. Investigate and resolve issues, as needed, represent the department and District in a professional manner to all.
This position is currently not accepting applications.
To search for an open position, please go to http://tulsatech.appone.com