Supervisors to work in their Research Facility in Durham, North Carolina.
We are seeking individuals with at least 2 years of supervisory experience, preferably within a Research Telephone Center environment; however, this is not a requirement. We are seeking professional individuals with exceptional problem solving and interpersonal skills. The supervisors will be responsible for helping in managing the day to day operations of the center. They will need to assure that all quotas are met, production levels are maintained and quality standards are exceeded, in addition to being able to coach and mentor staff to ensure telephone interviewers are able to reach their highest potential. Supervisors should possess strong communication skills and have experience delivering constructive criticism with a positive approach.
Research Center Supervisors are responsible for overseeing telephone interviewers in Telephone Research Center, making sure day to day operations run smoothly, and ensuring that the calls are handled effectively.
Telephone Research Center Supervisors often have to resolve problems with employees, deal with technical issues, and work in a fast-paced environment. In short, the position is exciting but it can be full of pressure, so it's important to be organized, a good communicator, and have good problem-solving skills.
Ultimately, Research Center Supervisors want to ensure a good respondent experience that will lead a positive feeling toward important government sponsored research. Supervisors will also have to effectively motivate the Telephone Interviewers so that they come across to respondents as positive, energetic, and polite.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Strong verbal/written communication and facilitation skills.
- “Go getter" who takes initiative and seeks out opportunities to improve Call Center.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when needed, which will include evening and weekend support
- Strong computer skills required - Proficient with Excel
- Demonstrated competencies in project management, problem solving, leadership and motivation.
- Can organize, delegate and monitor tasks and projects within the department
- Proven leadership skills, including coaching up low performers
- Provide mentoring and training to new hires and established interviewers
- Assist the Research Telephone Center Manager and On-site Manager with scheduling of staff, attendance monitoring and providing coverage support for all hours of operation.