Are you into creating Big Ideas that change the world' Are you constantly on the lookout for “what’s next”' Are you leadership material' If so, then you could be the person The Marketing Arm is looking for in our next Account Director, Sports/Nascar.
Who We Are:
Simply put, TMA is the greatest promotions agency ever built, and we’re not happy yet. We live in a world of big ideas and jaw-dropping execution. Emotion is our brand, and storytelling our craft. We operate in a highly collaborative environment, where ideas can truly come from anyone, including our clients. We are go-to. We are award hogs with enough Pros, Reggies, ADDYs and Agency-of-the-Year metal to make our reception look like the Iron Throne. We work hard and play harder. We are restless, thick-skinned, and we won’t stop until we can drop the word “promotions” from “greatest promotions agency ever built.”
Who You Are:
You’re passionate about your work and commit to whatever it takes to get the job done. You believe the team is stronger than the individual. You have an entrepreneurial spirit. You look, you learn, you envy and you become better. You’re a big picture thinker who’s courageous enough to pursue your passions through sports sponsorship and activation.
What You'll Be Doing:
The Account Director, Sports, will oversee NASCAR sponsor event activation with our client. He/she will have a strong networking database and passion to grow this sports business. Candidate must exude strong sports promotional marketing experience. This person should have knowledge of the NASCAR industry and be able to provide industry input that will support the client’s relationship with all partners - properties, teams, talent, etc., on program activation that aligns with the client’s strategic approach.
As the sports expert, the primary role is to assist the client lead with industry and partner agencies supporting the client’s sports activation.
- Demonstrate confidence, authority and solid decision making as the “sports” voice
- Broker strategic partnerships/alliances that provide clients with never-before-done ideas that drive business performance
- Demonstrate knowledge of agency, promotions, shopper, event and advertising processes
- Assist team with promotional-supported presentations, POVs, budgets and creative briefs
- Serve as one of the direct contacts for industry contacts; leverage current network base
- Provide sport insight on all program creative; secure partners’ approvals
- Deliver competitive landscapes (retailer and sport) for client
New business development:
- Support client lead in growing client business
- Contribute to RFPs and agency new business efforts
Exhibit mastery of written business communication as well as presentation skills:
- Help to lead internal and client presentations
- Develop a persuasive presentation and story-telling style
- Be clear in communication and written direction to team members and clients
Apply strategic skill set to assist in the development of our client’s businesses:
- With the client lead, help develop strategy, providing insight and thought leadership from program development to agency POVs
- Support the development of the client annual business planning process
Exhibit problem-solving abilities and provide solid, efficient solutions:
- Work with the team to proactively mitigate and resolve problems; offer solutions that work within sports parameters
- Actively assess agency processes and business challenges to improve outcomes
- NASCAR industry (in addition to other sports properties) experience/knowledge is a mandatory requirement for this role
- Candidate must have a strong networking database
- Job will require travel for client meetings
- Job will require travel to support NASCAR activation in market, as needed
|We are built to help brands engage along the entire consumer journey.
Our focus' Make brands mean something to consumers no matter how they come in contact. Which is why we have deep expertise across multiple disciplines.
This creates an integrated solution of the critical marketing capabilities you need. Not to mention less overhead and more cohesive thinking.
It works! Over 100 top brands agree.
If you care about awards, we’ve got those too: “Most Awarded Agency,” “Most Creative Agency,” “Best Places to Work,” Lions, Pencils, Clios, Reggies … you name it.
Be Anywhere. Do Anything. Start Here.
Named by Workplace Dynamics as one of the top places to work every year since 2010, The Marketing Arm has a strong culture that touches a 500-person corporate staff in its offices in Dallas, NYC, Chicago, LA and London. The agency is part of Omnicom's Diversified Agency Services.
Follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook, and visit our blog.