Have you ever heard the saying, “A company is only as good as the people it keeps?”
At Northcentral University, we strongly believe that our University is only as good as our team of staff, faculty and students around the world united by a commitment to excellence, innovation, diversity and accountability.
We celebrate personal and professional growth and desire to see our team members fully realize and reach their potential. When you join the Northcentral team, you will enjoy a challenging, but positive and fun work environment that promotes productivity, achievement and fulfillment.
If you are passionate about making a difference and are ready to be challenged and inspired in your daily work as part of a growing, success-oriented company, then we want to hear from you!
Who We Are:
Northcentral University is a global leader in online graduate education with students, alumni, and faculty in over 50 countries around the world. Working professionals have the opportunity to earn a U.S. regionally accredited graduate degree in the areas of business, education, psychology and marriage and family therapy, while working One-to-One with our 100% doctoral faculty via advanced delivery modalities. NCU is committed to helping students achieve academically and become valuable contributors to their communities and within their professions.
With administrative offices in Prescott Valley and Scottsdale, Arizona, as well as team members spread throughout the globe, NC U is an excellent choice for professionals around the world who share our passion for excellence. We envision growth trends to continue, and eagerly seek highly credentialed and enthusiastic individuals to join our team.
What We Are Looking For:
NCU is currently seeking a dynamic individual to become part of our Business Solutions team as a Portfolio Manager / Sr Business Analyst.
This position will lead a team of Business Analysts and is responsible for devising and designing business process requirements for all IT-related business, financial, and operations systems critical to core organizational functions. This includes researching and analyzing data in support of business functions, process knowledge, and systems requirements. This position is also responsible for proactively generating and compiling reports based on his or her findings, complete with recommended improvements to – or new requirements for – business processes and operational procedures. This individual will apply proven leadership, communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of system investments and to assist in implementing new systems.
Essential Job Functions:
- Business requirements gathering and documenting to include: process flow diagrams, data flow diagram, business requirements, functional requirements, wireframes, Powerpoint
- Charts existing business processes in order to define current business activities for the development of procedures and models.
- Meets with decision makers, systems owners, and end-users to define business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals.
- Researches, reviews, and analyzes the effectiveness and efficiency of existing processes and develops strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Prototypes new procedures for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow.
- Prepares and delivers reports, recommendations, or alternatives for improving processes in operating systems across the organization.
- Performs cost-benefit and return on investment (ROI) analyses for proposed changes to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Identifies and establishes scope and parameters of process analysis in order to define impact, outcome criteria, and measure-taking actions.
- Collaborates in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications.
- Develops, standardizes, and maintains new or improved processes based on findings and analysis.
- Communicates process changes, enhancements, and modifications – verbally or through written documentation – to management, peers, staff, and other employees so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Creates process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmers.
- Develops budgets and timeframes for process changes in order to support company objectives.
- Coordinates and performs in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new processes, and other post-implementation support.
- Keeps abreast of technology trends, especially those trends relating to the educational environment; analyzes and recommends value-added technologies, tools, and methodologies in support of operational objectives.
- Participates in committees and task forces as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Knowledge of SDLC and how to design, develop and implement software solutions
- Knowledge in importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flowcharts.
- Proficient with use of MS Office products and online communication
- Experience with SQL, photoshop, and MS project preferred
- Skill in exercising independent judgment and taking action on it.
- Skill in performing business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development, and data modeling.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and take action on it.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Ability to create systematic and manual operations procedures in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to apply statistical and other research methods into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information with various levels of constituents.
- Ability to propose alternative business processes based on analysis
- Strong organizational and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-3 years working experience in business analytics
- Experience working in Higher Education preferred
- Extensive experience in business analytics, process improvement and project management.
- Comprehensive analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving experience.
- Demonstrated successful experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated project management skills and project management software skills, including Microsoft Project.
- All skills, abilities and education will be considered for minimum qualifications.
What We Offer:
In addition to excellent earning potential and a comprehensive benefits package—including medical, dental, vision, 401K, paid holidays and PTO—Northcentral University supports the professional growth of its team members through education benefits, growth opportunities and room for advancement.
Are you ready to take advantage of this exciting opportunity to join a growing team of passionate individuals who work together to change lives through higher education? Apply today!